While we have a great core curriculum, we offer additional enrichment with specialized programs in addition to our music and technology programs.
Our math program offers students a positive challenge on several fronts. Students learn reasoning skills in addition to the basic computation requirements. Beginning in 3rd grade students tryout for the ACSI Math Olympics. Under the tutelage of our math specialist, Los Altos Brethren School is consistently the winner of top math awards.
Our reading specialist provides excellent individual enrichment in this crucial skill.
We are pleased to combine classroom instruction with a wide variety of activities to further learning and to get the kids more engaged with various topics.
Here are just some of our various activities and camps and field trips:
- Our Kindergarten classes go to the Eldorado Nature Center in Long Beach.
- Our First grade class goes to the LA Zoo.
- Our Second grade class visits the Cabrillo Marine Museum.
- Our Third grade class attends Ironwood Camp.
- Our Fourth grade class goes to the San Juan Capistrano Mission.
- Our Fifth grade class goes to Genesis Camp.
- Our Sixth grade class spends a week at Rawhide Ranch, learning about various ranch animals in depth, and learning to ride and even to participate in vaulting.
- Our entire school goes to Biola University for their special music program for kids.